We know how hard caring for your leather bag can be, which is why we've got our friends at Honest Crafters to compile a list of ways you can make sure your leather bag remains in tip-top condition.
1. Wipe it, dry it, blow it.
- This may sound tedious at first and troublesome but trust me when I say that it helps a tonne. Singapore is not the most ideal place to be bringing out full grain leather bags because of its humidity, and humidity = moisture which results in mould and nobody likes mould.
- A gentle wipe down with a dry cloth is suffice to remove any residual moisture or a blow-dryer on low would do just great if you’re lazy like me.
2. Store your bag in a cool, dark and dry place.
- Think of your bag as overworked student, and what does he or she want the most? To be left alone in a cool, dark and dry place to sleep. But on a serious note, exposing your bag to sunlight for prolonged periods of time would result in drying and even cracking of some kinds of leather.
3. Treat your bags like how you want to be treated.
- I’m not one to judge but if you’re spending a hefty sum of money on your bags I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t want to be overloading it with things and stretching it when you rummage for your phone among who knows what.
- Softer leathers are susceptible to stretching causing it to lose its shape and look like a deflated potato sack, do you really want your beige LV speedy to look like a deflated potato sack?! Yikes!
4. Stuff it and release it
- Don’t get me wrong, don’t stuff your bags with your mini perfume bottles and 1L kombucha drinks, I mean stuff your bag with bubble wrap when you know you’re not using it for a long time. This helps maintain the shape of the bag especially if you’re storing it for a long time. Tracing paper can be used to stuff your bags as well plus helps absorb moisture. Ease open the buckles and straps so impressions are released as well as to prevent permanent creases from forming.
5. Want more hacks?
If you need your bag to be restored and repaired these guys are the best in town- you may contact them at https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=6597879271